Erasmus Plus is the EU Programme for lifelong learning. It supports formal, non-formal and informal learning across all sectors including Higher Education, Further Education, adult education and schools. The aim is to boost skills and employability as well as to modernise education and training across Europe.
It brings together all the previous EU and international schemes for education, training, youth and sport, replacing the seven previous programmes including:
- Lifelong Learning Programme (including Erasmus, Comenius, Leonardo da Vinci, Grundtvig and Jean Monnet)
- Youth in Action
- Erasmus Mundus
The general objectives of the Erasmus+ Programme in the education and training field are to contribute to the achievement of:
- The objectives of the Europe 2020 Strategy, including the headline education target.
- The objectives of the strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training (ET 2020), including the corresponding benchmarks.
- The sustainable development of Partner Countries in the field of higher education.
- The promotion of European values in accordance with Article 2 of the Treaty on European Union.
Find out more on the Erasmus + website