Ahead of the European Elections leaders are set to meet to discuss its priorities for the period 2019-2024. Last week the European Commission set out a number of policy recommendations that are:
- a protective Europe because peace is power in today’s world;
- a competitive Europe that invests in the technologies of tomorrow and supports our greatest assets: the single market, our industry and our common currency;
- a fair Europe that upholds our fundamental principles of equality, the rule of law and social justice in the modern world;
- a sustainable Europe that takes the lead on sustainable development and in fighting climate change;
- and an influential Europe that seeks touphold and update the rules-based systemthat has served us so well for so long.
Below you can read the European Commission’s press release in full which contains links to factsheets.