Today marks the first anniversary of the Joint Statement by President Juncker and President Trump, which launched the new phase in the relationship between the United States and the European Union.
Some bullet points:
- Since July 2018, the EU has significantly increased its imports of liquefied natural gas (LNG).
- EU imports of U.S. soya beans increased by almost 100% from July 2018 to June 2019.
- The Council gave the Commission the authorisation to open talks with the U.S. on eliminating tariffs on industrial goods.
- The EU and U.S. have engaged to identify and address distortions caused by unfair market-distorting trade practices.
- On pharmaceuticals, the EU and U.S. reached a milestone on 11 July 2019, as all EU Member State authorities were recognised under the Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA).
There are continuing negotiations in a number of important areas of trade and you can read more about this by following the link below than includes links to factsheets: