Europe Direct East Midlands (North) will hold a number of events and briefings throughout the year in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire. They will be designed to keep people and organisations informed about EU topics most relevant to the local community and of course provide up to date information on Brexit.
- There are currently no scheduled events; however, we are planning to host a drop-in event in Derbyshire, attend an exhibition event in Lincolnshire, and an information debate/Q&A towards the end of the year.
- Please do not hesitate to get in contact if you would like us to attend an event near you!
Derby- Osmaston Road Baptish Church (27th September 2018)
- Explanation of the role of Europe Direct, what sort of enquiries we have from members of the public at ground-level, but also businesses operating at a broader scale.
- Update on where we are at with Brexit
- Q&A with an Immigration lawyer from the firm Seraphus.
Lincoln Central Library (28th August 2018)
- A Drop-in morning session at Lincoln Central Library (Tuesday 28th August 2018), 10am-12pm, which was open and available to all, free of charge.
- Informal event, no sign-up required
- Attendees that visited to find out more information included EU Nationals,
- community organisation representatives, and other service providers.
Lincolnshire (Boston and Sleaford)- 21st June 2018
Morning Event: Drop-in Session for all
Europe Direct East Midlands North were delighted to host two events in Lincolnshire on the 21st June. In the morning, a drop-in session was held at the Len Medlock Centre in Boston. Often considered as the most ‘Pro-Brexit’ location in Britain, it was essential to gauge some of the issues and concerns facing the town, appreciating the socio-demographic diversity of the town.
Afternoon Free Briefing Session; EU Citizenship and the Settlement Scheme
Europe Direct East Midlands North provided a free briefing session for not-for-profit advice providers, community and statutory organisations in Lincolnshire.
Under the terms of the EU’s draft withdrawal agreement with the UK, the Home Office are setting up a settlement scheme for EU Citizens living in the UK and those who arrive during the transitional period. With 3.4 million EU citizens living in the UK and a high concentration in Lincolnshire, agencies and business need to be fully informed about the process for registering settlement- and of course any future rights EU Citizens who arrive in the UK during the transition period and after Brexit may have. The Home Office published updated terms of the Settlement Scheme during the morning event, perfectly timed for the Sleaford event in the afternoon!
Thanks to our collaboration with the European Commission, we were delighted to offer a free briefing session to non-profit organisations from one of the UK’s top legal firms on the subject Seraphus.
Nottingham- 16th March 2018
Our first event was a huge success. The day comprised of insightful presentations from guest speakers, group discussions, and a question and answer session. Concepts and topics included were:
- Trading and the EU (Robert Ackrill)
- Migration and the local economy (Robert Ackrill and Christopher Lawton)
- Citizenship and Freedom of Movement (Alfonso Valero)
Interested in how EU developments will impact upon your local community? Upcoming events locally and across Europe, ranging from Agriculture to Migration and Neighbourhood issues, can be found HERE.
Call Europe Direct East Midlands (North): 01773 532291
We will also be in attendance at other events throughout the year, details will be published here and in our newsletter.