There is doubt whatsoever that pressure washers are game-changers when it comes to cleaning. It reduces the time and labor required to get rid of tough stains and dirt on surfaces.
Pressure washers combine an engine's power to turn compressed air and water into an incredible cleaning force. These machines produce so much energy that it is not advisable to use them on plants, animals, people, or fragile surfaces because of the damage they could cause.
A pressure washer can either have a gasoline-powered pump or an electric one. In this article, we highlight both types and their pros and cons so you can decide which is the best for you.
What Is a Gas Pressure Washer?
A gas pressure washer refers to any unit that runs on gasoline. This mechanism is similar to a regular water pump with a gas engine.
Gas-powered pressure washers are excellent for people interested in a higher PSI (Pressure per Square Inch) and GPM (Gallons Per Minute). They are typically more powerful than electric versions, and they clean surfaces faster.
Pros of Gas Pressure Washers
- Gas pressure washers don't need a power outlet to run. This means that even if you have some cleaning to do and there's no electricity around, you have nothing to worry about. So, you only need to worry about having some fuel in the engine.
- Gas-powered pressure washers provide more power and control. Not only does a gas pressure washer offer more PSI and GPM, but it also gives you more control over the output. This means that you can clean faster and better while controlling how you do it.
Cons of Gas Pressure Washers
- Gasoline-powered pressure washers produce more harmful emissions than electric units. They are not the best environment-friendly choices because of the toxic carbon monoxide gas engines produce. Also, they are typically very noisy regardless of their size. So, it is not advisable to use gas-powered pressure washers indoors or for long periods at a stretch.
- These gas engines require consistent maintenance to keep them in their best shape. This includes oil and plug changes, cleaning, and replacing damaged parts.
What Is an Electric Pressure Washer?
An electric pressure washer is simply a pressure washer that uses electricity. This means that you'll have to connect the machine to a power outlet to use it. This may not be as powerful as gas pressure washers, but it is eco-friendly and healthy because you don't have to worry about harmful fumes.
Pros of Electric Pressure Washers
- Electric pressure washers have lower noise levels. This means that you can conveniently use your machine without the neighbors or damaging your ears.
- These High Pressure washers don't emit toxic fumes. This means you can use an electric pressure washer in a confined space and not suffer carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Electric engines require less maintenance than gas-powered engines. So, no oil changes, fuel mixes, and other maintenance tasks common with gas-powered engines.
Cons of Electric Pressure Washers
- They don't produce as much power as gas pressure washers. This means that you may spend more time trying to clean a dirty area with electric pressure washers than gas-powered ones. Also, an electric pressure washer might not clean a surface the way you need it to.
- Electric pressure washers require a power outlet. This means that you can only use them with a power source. So, they're not as portable and convenient as gasoline pressure washers.
Electric or Gas-powered pressure washers are excellent tools. They help you clean up an area faster than many other methods. In the end, however, deciding which is best is up to you. What do you need a pressure washer for? How convenient is either type for you? Once you choose, you can visit any renowned store to purchase one of these high pressure washers.